We are grateful to you for staying with the Y during this challenging and uncertain time. During our closure, we have been hard at work making improvements to our facilities.
We have introduced several new safety protocols to adhere to guidelines from the Illinois Department of Public Health, CDC and YUSA in the interest of protecting the health of our members and staff, and will continue to review and update our guidelines to ensure we remain in line with governmental guidelines.
Thank you for staying with us. We’re so happy to welcome you back!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Most group activities for land and water fitness with reduced class sizes
- Cardio equipment (no reservation necessary)
- Stack weight and free weight equipment (no reservation necessary)
- Outdoor group exercise classes
- One-on-one personal training
- Lap swim & water walking
- Indoor Track (walking only)
- Racquetball (2 person)
- Free parking at the Downtown Y
* Available times and spaces are limited. Members can reserve a spot by clicking on the appropriate button below.
- Basketball courts (for programming only)
- Youth lobby areas
- Towel service
- Coffee service
- Drinking fountains (bottle fillers remain open)
- Towel from home (towel service is unavailable)
- Water bottle – water fountains will not be in service, but water filling stations will be available
- Members are required to wear a mask unless they are actively working out.
Effective, Monday, August 10 we will strictly adhere to the policy set forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health regarding face masks. The guideline states anyone over the age of two who can medically tolerate a face covering over their nose and mouth must wear one in a public place when unable to maintain a safe distance (6 feet) from others. A face mask will not be required while actively exercising.
Examples of when you MUST wear a face covering:
- Entering and exiting the Y
- Entering and exiting the pool
- In the locker room
- Checking your child in or out of child watch
- While waiting for a group exercise class
- Walking on the indoor track
- When you cannot physically distance with someone
Examples of when a face covering is NOT required:
- When actively engaged in exercise
- When swimming or water walking in the pool
- When showering
Persons requesting a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or a disability should submit their request prior to their visit through the Risk Management office of the YMCA of Springfield, email@example.com or 217-544-9846 x136. Please allow at least 2 business days for review of the accommodation request and follow-up communication. Requests for accommodations on the day of the visit may not be possible due to time constraints.
Please know we are doing our very best to keep everyone safe. Wear a mask it’s all we ask! Thank you!
Traffic Flow – We will maintain a single entry/exit point and regulate traffic flow where possible.
Temperature Checks – Staff and all who enter our facilities will receive temperature checks.
PPE for All Staff – All staff will be required to wear masks while serving members.
New Spacing – We have rearranged our equipment and environments to support social distancing.
Cleaning – We have deep cleaned the facility and updated our cleaning procedures.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?