Effective, Monday, August 10 we will strictly adhere to the policy set forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health regarding face masks. The guideline states anyone over the age of two who can medically tolerate a face covering over their nose and mouth must wear one in a public place when unable to maintain a safe distance (6 feet) from others. A face mask will not be required while actively exercising.
Examples of when you MUST wear a face covering:
- Entering and exiting the Y
- Entering and exiting the pool
- In the locker room
- Checking your child in or out of child watch
- While waiting for a group exercise class
- Walking on the indoor track
- When you cannot physically distance with someone
Examples of when a face covering is NOT required:
- When actively engaged in exercise
- When swimming or water walking in the pool
- When showering
Persons requesting a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or a disability should submit their request prior to their visit through the Risk Management office of the YMCA of Springfield, email@example.com or 217-544-9846 x136. Please allow at least 2 business days for review of the accommodation request and follow-up communication. Requests for accommodations on the day of the visit may not be possible due to time constraints.
Please know we are doing our very best to keep everyone safe. Wear a mask it’s all we ask! Thank you!