YMCA 2019 Summer Camp
YMCA summer camp is where kids go to make new friends, discover hidden talents, and have the most fun ever! We are so excited for another summer of adventure at Camp Wa-Kon-Tah, our beautiful Lake Springfield site, both Downtown and Kerasotes YMCA locations, and our community-based camp in Rochester.
Full day camps provide programmed activities from 9am to 4 pm. Drop off starts as early as 7am, with pick-up as late as 6pm. Early drop-off and late pick-up are ONLY available with full day camp enrollment.
YMCA Strong Kids Scholarship funds are available for summer camping programs as well as financial assistance through third-party providers, such as Community Connection Point (CCP). If you are interested in applying for a YMCA Strong Kids Scholarship, guidelines and applications are available at the front desk of both branches and online.
For families with CCP/DCFS approval:
- If you want your child to attend camp before you receive your approval notice from third party payors, you are responsible for paying the full rate of camp fees. Reimbursement requests will be accepted and reviewed on an individual basis.
- Registration for third party payees must be done in person at the front desk of either YMCA branch. Online registration is not available.
A copy of your approval notice must be attached to each registration form.
- A non-refundable, non-trasferrable $5.00 deposit for each week of camp is required for registration, regardless of co-pay amount.
All registrations with an attached approval notice will be reviewed and confirmed by the Program Accounting Assistant. Families will be notified within 3-5 business days of their payment amount and due date.
- A Payment and Attendance Agreement Form must be signed and submitted at the time of registration.
All camp staff are certified in First Aid, CPR, and undergo training designed by experts in the summer camp industry. Topics include: child abuse prevention, water safety, and behavior management. Camper safety is our number one priority.
JUNIOR COUNSELING PROGRAM (JuCo)
Application to our Junior Counselor Program is available to anyone ages 13-15. The JuCo Program requires an application, interview, and $50 registration fee. There are openings for junior counselors at all full day sites. Once accepted, a junior counselor will undergo the same training as our camp counselors and attend camp free of charge. Pick up an application at front desk or online. Deadline May 1. Applicants not accepted will receive a refund.
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION
- There is a $25 deposit per week required at time of registration.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Payment on weekly balance is due in full seven days prior to the start of the registered week of camp. Ex: Week One of Camp begins Monday June 4, balance for Week One paid in full by Monday May 28.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel camp registration for a child with an outstanding balance after the due date.